First week of July

Well I know  I have not posted if a few since Montana but things here are just slow.  Lets see first off we tried to ear tag the cattle with fly tags how ever got only 2 of Hubby's brothers herd (damn horned cattle uggg)  Issues  with the chute and horns.  However we were lucky and got our 4 to run through and got tags and the fly tags in.   July 1st  Little One got bite by a wasp on his cheek that was scary for awhile.  Yesterday was the 4th and we went to supper at hubby's brothers house and  then went to see the fireworks.  Was not impressed as we got to see maybe 20 of them over the trees. Next year we will know better.   Today  is/was my birthday and I stuck around the house.  We had lunch then went to the lake for fun however the lake was up so there was no playing in the water or at the playground so we came home.  Kiddo and I went down to the creek and caught some crawdads and had science lessons.  She made my heart swell when she was pointing out places that were good to set traps.  Then we came home changed and went up to hubby's mom's house as they were down for the weekend.  She cooked me a birthday dinner. It was very sweet of  her and I appreciate it but I really really dislike Meatloaf  and that is what we had but there were lots of other yummy things.  Then we came back home Hubby and I checked the garden and then the kiddos and I made a mock firepit and made smores.  Then I called and wished my Dad a happy Birthday  as his is tomorrow while watching the fireflies.

So that was my day week lol whatever.  What I really need is a maid or  3 of me to keep up with the house work.

Enjoy the pictures.

The river was up right of center is the roof and vents for the bathrooms the other one is a picnic shelter.  at the other place  water was up about  2 foot from touching  power pole with light on. 

 My poor little one who got bite by a wasp thank goodness he is not allergic

we got a new to us coffee table and he loves it

time with sissy on the table

his poor face was still swollen up the next day and sissy kept laughing at it.

The sun set on the 4th of July


the kids and their cousin 








 2 toads that kiddo found under the dogs water trough

The creek

lol a selfie with kiddo

Science lesson today (click on the picture to see it larger its in the middle

The Ebony Jewelwing is a damselfly. Damselflies are closely related to dragonflies and they look very much alike. The easiest way to tell dragonflies and damselflies apart is to look at the wings. Dragonfly wings stick straight out from the body when the dragonfly is resting. Damselfly wings usually fold back above the body.

playing around




Crawfish

crawfish

inside a dirt daubers nest

Smore time

our mock firepit

kiddo made me a smore




playing disney online games with sissy




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

love the summer time

Days like today ...