busy week...weird thing on doorstop

Well its been a busy week.  We have lots to due yet but we got the yard work done even thought it looks like it needs it again. Our burn pile has grown but was to windy to burn today  I should have told him to do it the other day.  no rain in the forecast for a week :(  we need it) It will get burn soon  don't want snakes uggg

Hubby got a turkey so we got that in the freezer.

Saw 2 baby rabbits under a tree in our front yard as we were cutting some dead limbs and suckers off the trees. Named them  Hase & pfeffer  and told them that is what they will become if they get into my gardens.

Got another apple tree as we don't think little ones is going to make it  and got it planted out .... just hope it lives as little one  got a hold of it in the car and tore some leaves off.

The tonight  oh my I was just going to shut the front door for the night and noticed something odd... it had a tail and odd back  Well what I found was a little alligator snapping turtle About a 50 cent piece size.  It was dry looking as today was rather hot with a wind and it was covered in grass and dirt.   I got Kiddos mini tanks that we have  like 4 different sixes of.  added some water a rock and worm for it for the night.  Really odd that it would be this far out of water.  So its name is Snapper I think  who knows with our house just need to find a place out of the cats areas so they don't bug it tonight.

We also may have another new addition to our family tomorrow.  I will hold out and wait to tell you all.





My strawberry bed
 Great day to unplug and get the kids outside.... To bad kiddo's old tonka truck no longer works but she loves to push him around on it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days like today ...

love the summer time